Monday, December 11, 2006

Evil Starting to Contemplate Suicide - Good Guys Win Fourth Straight 27-10

Four in a row is nice. Granted, two of those teams were the Oakland Raiders and the Cleveland Browns, but a win's a win, right?

As I said earlier this season, this 2006 version of the Bengals fairs pretty well against inferior teams, the "should win" games. So I wasn't particularly nervous about this matchup against one of the league's worst teams. And it was good to see the boys put the Raiders away early.

Nevertheless, this wasn't a perfect game by any stretch of the imagination.

The Good and the Bad:

THE GOOD NEWS

  • The Bengals never trailed once in this game and it appears as though the offense is about as good as it can be. TJ, Chris Henry, Ocho Cinco, Rudi, and Carson all played marvelously, and it's fun to watch. I know I'm incredibly biased, but for my NFL dollar it doesn't get any better than watching the Bengals' offense clicking. Just fun to watch.
  • Jonathan Joseph continues to impress. Now if we can just get some pine tar on his hands, we could increase our turnover differential by a decent margin.
  • Sam Adams is finally playing like the guy we thought we signed in the offseason. Did you see him plow through the Raiders' O-Line on that 4th and short? Just manhandled his blockers.
  • That's not to take anything away from Robert Geathers, who had a fantastic game, adding two sacks to his total. His speed really impressed me yesterday, as on both those sacks he had to chase down Aaron Brooks from behind. The progeny of Jumpy is a baller, that much is obvious.
  • We have a full head of steam heading into the biggest game of the year next week. And Indy's on the slide. But they are a vicious beast at home. I expect this to be one of the best games of the year, and I'm glad it's gonna be on MNF.
  • Can I get a round of applause for my main man Kenny Watson? I, like many of you, was never much of a K-Dub fan. I always thought of him as that guy who takes carries away from Chris Perry. But you know what? You can have Chris Perry. Kenny Watson has come up on so many big plays this year, I can't even count them all. How many times have you seen him get the ball on 3rd and long and make an incredible play to get the first? Four times this year maybe? A long overdue tip of the hat to Kenny from WhoDave. You earned it, buddy.
THE BAD
  • What's with our offense being so sloppy with the ball? FOUR turnovers yesterday. Three picks by Carson and a fumble by Rudi. Yeah, we still won the game, but if we hand the ball over to Indy next week, we're gonna lose. You KNOW Indy is gonna be fired up for that game, so we can't afford any mistakes.
  • I . . . really can't think of anything else that bugged me about yesterday's game. It was a pleasure. I love watching Carson Palmer show. He's one of the top five quarterbacks in the league, he's only 26 years old, and he's all ours. Would you trade Palmer for any other player in the league right now? Me either. And we get to keep him!
BRING ON THE COLTS!

No comments: