Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday Notes

Before we get to the preview, there were some interesting tidbits on Bengals.com today that I think warrant mentioning.

To Wit:

Sam Adams Will Need Arthroscopic Knee Surgery
He claims that it can wait til the end of the year, but this is bad. Because of the injury he's only practicing on Friday, which would explain why he really hasn't been a factor in the Bengals' D so far this year.

Count me among those who were very excited about the Adams signing, but it's looking like it might have been a bust. He talked a big game about how great he's going to be on Sunday, and I guess I'll believe it when I see it. But why can't the Bengals put together a good defensive line? Someone shine some light on this for me.

Chris Perry to Return Against Carolina
Good news, but I've really been so-so on Chris Perry's Bengals career. Yes, when he's healthy he adds a new dimension to our offense, but as the bengals' site mentions, he's sat out more games (20) than he's played (16). This guy's becoming the Ken Griffey Jr. of the team, in that everytime I see him involved in a play, I'm expecting him to go down, clutching that ankle. Not a good feeling to have about your #2 RB.

Dexter and Rashad Unlikely to Play Sunday
This based on the fact that neither one of them practiced yesterday. Mr. Dexter "George W." Jackson is supposedly a game time decision, but I got a feeling we won't see him in action against Tampa Bay. Honestly, I'd much rather have him sit out this game and get fully recovered for the Panthers.

That's all for now, I'll be back later with a preview of Sunday's matchup.

Oh, and I'd like to send a special "FUCK YOU!" to the guy I sold my old car to. Apparently, the DMV didn't get the paperwork I sent them, so now the $1100 towing bill he racked up a week after I sold him the car is going on my credit report. So seriously, you fucking douche bag, I hope you rot in hell.

Wow, I feel so much better now.

No comments: